Question / Help Screen recordings coming through blurry.

Jlyons

Hi guys.
I'm new to using this program and no matter what settings I put it on the screen recordings are coming back low definition and blurry.
I want to record gameplay footage but obviously this is an issue.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Narcogen

There is no log file on your post. If I can't see a log file, I can't see why you're having that problem.

Narcogen

Yes.

Ok, first.. don't record to MP4 directly. Record to FLV if you're recording a single audio track, or MKV if you're recording multiple separate tracks, and remux to MP4 with the menu item "remux recordings" in the file menu afterwards.

If you record directly to mp4 and a crash or other problem occurs during recording, the entire file will be unrecoverable, and there's absolutely no advantage to this format.

Second-- your GPU is overloaded trying to render the screen you're recording.

17:59:38.720: Output 'simple_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 123 (31.4%)

Looking at your specifications, I'd say the computer your using is much too underpowered for using with OBS. It looks like it's a 2008 MacBook Pro, yes? If you want to have a chance of using it, I think you need to drop your base resolution down to 720p or smaller.

Jlyons

It's a 2008 imac yes.
OK how do I drop the resolution?
I'm gonna be using it to record gameplay of older games so hd is not an issue.
Thanks again for your help.

Narcogen

Settings > Video > Base (Canvas) resolution. Choose 1280x720 or lower. There's not much reason to have this higher than the output of whatever old game you're trying to capture is.