Screen Flickering with RAZER RIPSAW HD

The Lousy Loser

Hello!
I am new here and have the following problem:
This flickering happens when I stream or record with my Razer Ripsaw HD Capture Card.
I have to say upfront that this problem also happens in Streamlabs OBS, not only in OBS Studio. But I am at my wit's end. Razer support has not been able to help me either. They said that OBS support has to help me because the capture card is not the problem.

I have tried a lot to solve the problem, but nothing has helped. I have changed all the HDMI cables and the USB cable. Razer support replaced the capture card for me; that did not solve the problem.
It happens on both Nintendo Switch and Sony Playstation 5, otherwise I've only tried Nintendo GameCube, no problem there. Most often on Nintendo Switch, especially with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and New Pokémon Snap. Rarely on Immortals Fenyx Rising and Returnal on PS5.

I've tried so many different settings in OBS and Windows 10 that I can't even list them all here. My laptop definitely meets the system requirements.

Edition: Microsoft Windows 10
Version: 20H2
OS Build: 19042.928
RAM:
16 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
CPU: AMD Ryzen 4900H

I have VSync disabled because I read that could be the problem. I have reduced the monitor to 60 hz. Have OBS Studio set to full performance in the 3D settings.
No matter what I tried, nothing solved the problem.

Is there anything you guys can do to help me? I am really desperate. I have been trying for over two months now.
If you guys need any more information, don't be afraid to ask.

If something is not quite clear, please forgive me. English is not my native language.

Best regards,
Mike

D3rrickstone

Hey guys! I'm sorry to be annoying, but is there anybody, who can help me with my problem? Please?
hey so I know I'm 2 years late but I figured out a solution that should work

It seems like its mainly a issue that happens with certain computers and PC's, so me and you got unlucky with the ones it dosn't support

I got really bad screen flickering on my nintendo switch, was fixed it was changing the TV resolution to 720p. I also hear that connecting it to your PC via a USB Hub adapter and sending power through that can also fix the issue

Crow_Calypso

I am having the same issue, did you ever get it sorted out?
I'm using my Razer Ripsaw on my PS4, Downscaling it to 720p works for me, here's a video I made on how to do it.

I think the screen flickering on the Razer Ripsaw is consistent with the games you play, I'll talk about it further in here https://insider.razer.com/razer-support-45/razer-ripsaw-hd-glitching-56737?postid=212869#post212869

Here's an example of a game recording I recorded both at 1080p then at 720p

My layman guess is that Razer Ripsaw couldn't handle to record at 1080p on some games, And sometimes you need to compromise and downscale your capture to 720p

There are times in my case playing Persona 3 Reload when the Razer Ripsaw capture normally at 1080p and it works just fine (except for that opening part I showed you earlier)