Bug Report Scarlet 2i2 audio loss mid stream

Videophile

Elgato
Hi All,

I have had a Scarlet 2i2 USB Audio interface since last week, and it OBS Studio periodically loses connection with it.

Ill be streaming, and suddenly the audio monitor shows no audio coming from it. I use it as a Aux Audio input device in OBS Studio.

I do notice that in the Windows Recording tab, it also shows no sound be played, so this might be a system wide issue.

Is anyone familiar with how to check logs, especially related to USB items? The OBS Studio logs show nothing in relation to this issue.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I have the same device and haven't had an issue with it in obs-studio, however I did have that exact issue with the original version strangely enough -- and it wasn't that the device was actually disconnecting as far as I could tell; the audio just stops. I think it's a motherboard or system issue that can cause it to happen with this particular device. I've used a lot of devices with my systems and I've never had anything like this really happen before. The log would state that it was reconnecting in both programs as well.

Videophile

Elgato
I have the same device and haven't had an issue with it in obs-studio, however I did have that exact issue with the original version strangely enough -- and it wasn't that the device was actually disconnecting as far as I could tell; the audio just stops. I think it's a motherboard or system issue that can cause it to happen with this particular device. I've used a lot of devices with my systems and I've never had anything like this really happen before. The log would state that it was reconnecting in both programs as well.
Yep, exactly. The audio just stops, however Windows still sees it plugged in.

Ill have to contact their support team and see whats up.

Btw, @Jim, congrats on 9.0, its a pretty major release and works very well, no crashes yet! ;)