Question / Help Says I'm dropping frames but stream is fine.

Chris Fehr

Yeah its the weirdest thing OBS is saying I'm dropping like 50% frames but the stream is fine.
Been doing this the last couple of days

I run Geforce RTX 2070 32gb of RAM I've been playing with settings to stop it but nothing is working my internet is fine so IDK any ideas to try.

TryHD

you do drop frames and with 10% that is very visible to viewers because it will cause lag and artifacting.
Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 84129 (9.3%)
You could try to stream to different services to test if it is your connection or restream.

Sukiyucky

Your log shows you are using Streamlab widgets that are failing. Please go to them to help fix the viewer count widget problem.

12:16:43.038: obs-browser: Uncaught (in promise) Something went wrong. (source: https://streamlabs.com/widgets/viewer-count?token=50B4DD27FFC125069996:0)

Your recent log shows you are experiencing network issues. We cannot fix those. Those are issues you need to work out on your end. Some, you will not be able to fix. They can be things like:

1) Your Internet Service Provider not delivering upload speed above the streaming bitrate you are setting
2) Your bitrate set above what your ISP service contract can deliver
3) Running processes on your computer that are taking up network bandwidth. Bring up Task Manager and go to the Processes tab. Click the Network column to sort and show the processes that are taking up networking bandwidth. Kill the one's that shouldn't be.
4) Other computers and devices in your location taking up Internet bandwidth. Turn them off.
5) Ingest service you are connecting to having data center problems (with ISP being ok)
6) Connection between you to ingest server is poor (with ISP being ok)

16:07:11.157: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 84129 (9.3%)

Sukiyucky

Then its likely the connection between you to restream.io that has inconsistent quality of service issues:

11:54:32.823: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://toronto.restream.io/live...
11:54:32.861: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Interface: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller (ethernet, 1000 mbps)
11:54:34.189: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmp://toronto.restream.io/live successful

There is nothing we can do about that on the OBS Studio side. I would test before going live knowing this to save you some grief.