Question / Help RTMP & NDI mobile phone streaming issues

Jwin970

I’m doing an irl stream renovating a house and when I need to go outside to cut pieces of wood I want to use my phone to follow outside. I tried to solve the issues using NDI Plugin and an app on the app store but every time I try to install it on my 2017 Macbook Pro it still does not show up at a source so I ditched that.

Now I’m casting to an rtmp server using my phone than in OBS I’m adding a VLC video source and add in url of my rtmp.

When it loads it just shows a still image of whatever my camera was looking at but thats it... if I reload than it’ll do it again.

It only picks up a still image of what my phone is pointing at whenever OBS picks up the source or restarts it.

How can I fix this

I tried 2 different rtmp servers and 2 different ways of pushing my videos to the rtmp server... both have same issues so I’m thinking it has something to do with my OBS config?

Narcogen

There is a conflict with the latest OBS and the latest NDI plugin. You can either install the slightly older version of the NDI plugin (4.5.1) or the slightly older version of OBS (22.0.1).