Question / Help RTMP feed failing

PhilG

i stream sports events to a service hosted by https://www.worldplaynetworks.com/ . the stream information that i use is the stream url (akami), stream key, username, password. it's almost identical to the feed setup for youtube live. When i try to stream to worldplay OBS reports it can not contact the stream url or streamid. i've tested streaming to youtube live and tested other apps streaming to worldplay. this is the only thing in the logs that look odd. i've verified the info i've entered is correct (copied/paste) and i'm using the broadcast settings they recommended (same as the other app). no firewall or av enabled.

12:28:40.636: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://p.ep445170.i.akamaientrypoint.net/EntryPoint...
12:28:40.759: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Interface: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (ethernet, 1000 mbps)
12:28:41.647: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
12:28:41.648: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmp://p.ep445170.i.akamaientrypoint.net/EntryPoint failed: -3

Attachments

• 2017-01-25 12-28-37.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 4

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Have you contacted their support? If OBS is working with other streaming services, it's extremely unlikely the problem lies with OBS.

I checked out that website, but I don't have an account and I don't see how to sign up for one, so I can't access any of their how-to guides.

PhilG

it's a subscription service. i've talked to their tech support but they have no experience with OBS.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
it's a subscription service. i've talked to their tech support but they have no experience with OBS.

Ask them if they support RTMP ingest, and if so, to provide configuration documentation for sending RTMP.