Question / Help RIPs great, but burned DVDs all auto-replay!

wilberfan

Is there a setting I'm missing? I'm burning thru my DVD blanks trying to get a disc that won't auto-replay when it reaches the end. I've unchecked "Enable Replay Buffer" in Preferences, but I have no idea if that has anything to do with my problem. I'm not seeing settings in the burning software to enable (or disable) auto replay. Any thoughts?

wilberfan

No, I realize it won't burn DVDs, but I didn't know if there was an option that somehow set a 'switch' in the RIP that told whatever burner software we use to tell the DVD player to auto-repeat when playing. I checked both the burner software AND the DVD players and neither of those seemed to have had any 'replay' settings on. I think I saw TWO "replay" settings in OBS, but have no idea how they are supposed to work. (Noob, questions, I'll grant you...)

Narcogen

The "replay" settings in OBS have nothing to do with DVD features. OBS is used primarily for livestreaming video to platforms like Twitch or YouTube and capturing footage from cameras or applications for later editing; not really for ripping DVDs.

You certainly can use it for that, but none of the features in OBS are geared towards it. The "replay buffer" feature is designed to be constantly recording the last XX seconds of what is being streamed so that you can do "instant replay" functions while streaming.

wilberfan

That's very useful to know, thanks! I only discovered OBS because of a mention in an Amazon review of a piece of hardware to connect a VHS machine to a USB port for digital conversions. Apparently most software that comes with these devices is pretty abysmal--and OBS came highly recommended. Sounds like the replay buffer wouldn't be needed for VHS conversions. Appreciate the clarification!