Right 2" of screen is cutoff in recording and preview.

IMpcILLITERATE

Hello all. First I'm not very tech savvy at all. I used to use Fraps to record which was over a decade ago. OBS was recommended and completely new to me. I've updated my drivers on my New PC, with a Radeon AMD RX 6600 XT, and it remains the same. I play and record screen for EVE ONLINE. When I open OBS, the preview after the source is selected cuts out the right 2 inches of my screen and recording. When I click properties after the source is selected that preview shows the entire screen. Settings for video are 1920x1080 aspect 16:9 which is correct for the monitor.

Any help or advice, or required further information or details please let me know?

It's not a make it or break it as that 2" is largely unimportant for what I'll be doing, however it would be nice for viewers eventually because there is a list off on the edge that is useful for the viewer.

IMpcILLITERATE

Hello all. First I'm not very tech savvy at all. I used to use Fraps to record which was over a decade ago. OBS was recommended and completely new to me. I've updated my drivers on my New PC, with a Radeon AMD RX 6600 XT, and it remains the same. I play and record screen for EVE ONLINE. When I open OBS, the preview after the source is selected cuts out the right 2 inches of my screen and recording. When I click properties after the source is selected that preview shows the entire screen. Settings for video are 1920x1080 aspect 16:9 which is correct for the monitor.

Any help or advice, or required further information or details please let me know?

It's not a make it or break it as that 2" is largely unimportant for what I'll be doing, however it would be nice for viewers eventually because there is a list off on the edge that is useful for the viewer.
Also I record in Window Mode, not full screen for my game. It can record the full screen plus some of my smaller monitor but not the 27" curved monitor.

PaiSand

Restart OBS and perform a test stream/recording of no less than 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Look in Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

khaver

You need to go into the OBS settings and set your video "Base (canvas) Resolution" to 1920x1080.

IMpcILLITERATE

Restart OBS and perform a test stream/recording of no less than 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Look in Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.
Thanks for being so specific since I'm not very good with this stuff.

IMpcILLITERATE

You need to go into the OBS settings and set your video "Base (canvas) Resolution" to 1920x1080.
This didn't fix the out from Scale to Window option, except that the preview became super zoomed. Also now since messing with the settings I'm missing approx the bottom inch of the screen which was not the case originally.

IMpcILLITERATE

My monitor is actually a 32" a c32r50x curved monitor. It's specs are 16:9, window mode changes it away from 1920x1080 to 1920x1009, this may be causing the issue, however when I record in full screen on the game instead of window mode on the game, I still lose about a 1/4" on the bottom and 2" on the right.

specs are c/p below.

• Screen Size (Inch)32"
  • Screen Size (cm)80.1
  • Screen Size (Class)32
  • Flat / CurvedCurved
  • Active Display Size (HxV) (mm)698.4mm x 392.85mm
  • Screen Curvature1500R
  • Aspect Ratio16:9
  • Panel TypeVA
  • Brightness (Typical)250cd/m2
  • Peak Brightness (Typical)300cd/㎡
  • Brightness (Min)220cd/m2