Restart after non normal shutdown

Laczkó

Since an update of OBS not a long time ago it started to ask after a non normal shotdown if I want to start OBS normal or in a safe mode (or what its original name — I use OBS in my native language). Its a huge problem for me as before this update every scheduled Windows update caused only a few minutes broadcast pause, but now the OBS don't start until I click on one of the two button on this message, so I can't make scheduled Windows updates because it cause a long broadcast pause right up until a manual interaction. Is there a way to automatically skip this popup and start OBS in normal mode every time?

AaronD

So, a Windows update upsets OBS? Sounds like *that's* the real problem to solve.

But there *is* a command-line option to turn off that prompt. Edit the shortcut, or the scheduled command, or however you launch it, and add --disable-shutdown-check on the end.

Open the Command Prompt and run the same command with --help on the end instead, to see all that you can do there. :-) Just tack them on, one after another, with spaces in between.

Laczkó

Thanks.

"So, a Windows update upsets OBS? Sounds like *that's* the real problem to solve."
If I'd wrote "it cause problem in any case, when OBS crash" then the answer would have been "the crash of OBS is the real problem to solve" even if no crash was ever seen. A working safety system is needed regardless of what tends to cause problem, if there is one at all, but even if there isn't. Until I didn't have a working safety system to automatically restart the broadcast in case of a crash I wouldn't have been able to sleep peacefully even if I'd had never experienced a crash of OBS.