Question / Help [RESOLVED] Preview works perfectly, but no video output after recording

mtp804

I recently installed Arch for the first time and I want to set up OBS so I can do some streaming. I can set up scenes using different sources (screen capture/window capture) and it looks perfectly fine on the display (preview?) window. However, when I start/stop recording, the files do not have any video output.

I tried adding a text element to my scene to see if it would output that to the file, (since it's not a video source), but even the text doesn't display. Nothing displays in the outputted file except a black background. Audio works perfectly though.

I have two encoder options: Hardware (NVENC) and Software (x264), and I have tried both, as well as trying different output file types, (flv, mkv, etc.) and nothing seems to fix it.

EDIT:
For what it's worth, I did reboot after installing, and it did not help.
I use the i3 window manager, and I have also tried it in GNOME, and I have the same blank video output in each environment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is my current log after trying one recording:
https://gist.github.com/4578d5e18ed469bac60ad063a989fb2c

mtp804

Alright, I'm just kind of dumb. It records just fine, but the default video player just doesn't display the video. I tried opening it with VLC and it displays just fine. I was too quick to assume it was OBSs fault.