Question / Help [RESOLVED] No inbound sound recorded from a VOIP call. My voice and video recorded perfectly

snuffy

Hi, I have just installed OBS 22.02 x64 and attempted to record screen and VOIP call (3CX softphone) for a support call with a 3rd party vendor doing some work on a piece of software. The video and my voice through headset mic were both recorded perfectly, but there was zero voice recorded inbound from the 3rd party. It's as if I was talking to myself on the playback.

Any ideas where to start with troubleshooting no inbound voice recording? I used this all the time for recording calls with video at my last job without any issues at all recording two-way calls with screen video.

Cheers.

Narcogen

What audio device is your SIP application sending the other party's audio to? What audio devices do you have selected as inputs in OBS? Which tracks are they assigned to? Are you recording a single track, or multiple tracks? What player did you play back the file in? Did the player offer more than one audio track for playback?

snuffy

What audio device is your SIP application sending the other party's audio to? What audio devices do you have selected as inputs in OBS? Which tracks are they assigned to? Are you recording a single track, or multiple tracks? What player did you play back the file in? Did the player offer more than one audio track for playback?

Good questions! I'm out of the office until Monday, but will answer them all. Some answers now:

What audio device is your SIP application sending the other party's audio to?
A: I was talking on headphones, so guess you mean that?

What audio devices do you have selected as inputs in OBS?
A: Don't know. Defaults? Will advise on Monday.

Which tracks are they assigned to?
A: Don't know. Defaults? Will advise on Monday.

Are you recording a single track, or multiple tracks?
A: Whatever the default is I think. Will check on Monday.

What player did you play back the file in?
A: VLC of course ;-)

Did the player offer more than one audio track for playback?
A: Maybe in the options? I'll check on Monday and report back.

snuffy

@Narcogen It appears that I needed to add in other audio source/s to record the other party. Not figured out which it was but I had just the Desktop Audio Device (Senheiser SC60 Control) and Mic/Auxillary Audio Device (Senheiser SC60 Control) selected; the others were set to Disabled.

I now have:
Desktop Audio Device: Senheiser SC60 Control
Desktop Audio Device 2: Default
Mic/Auxillary Audio Device: Senheiser SC60 Control
Mic/Auxillary Audio Device 2: Default
Mic/Auxillary Audio Device 3: Default

Not played around with which it was that sorted but it's working now.

Thanks for your help!