Rescale from 1440p to 4K before streaming live to Youtube?

abra

As per topic. I want to livestream to Youtube in 4K because the compression is terrible on Youtube. OBS doesn't seem to allow upscaling though - see screenshot (https://i.imgur.com/ShDb8w6.png)

Using Ryzen 3600 with GTX960 & 32GB DDR4 Ram on 1Gbps wired connection, so plenty of resources to spare. Have tested streaming at 50000kbps VBR with no lag - only problem now is upscaling before livestreaming.

Another separate topic - how do I create live stream chapter markers in youtube while I stream from OBS?

Any advice? thanks!

abra

just realised I'm unable to edit my post above. I have edited the output resolution under Output Streaming & VIDEO to rescale output at 3840x2160 @ 20000kbps CBR using x264 instead of NVENC. However, in my live stream, my max toggle as a viewer is only 1440p. Any idea why?

Lastly, I also want to ask whether I can RECORD in x265 too?

rockbottom

I could be wrong but give this a try:

Settings > Video, Set Base Canvas & Output to the resolution you want to record. You'll need to make the final adjustment in the Preview window.

The following Hotkeys are available in the preview to tweak the source position and size:

Hold CTRL to disable Source/Edge snapping
Hold ALT to enable cropping
CTRL+F for fit to Screen
CTRL+S for stretch to Screen
CTRL+D for center to Screen
CTRL+R to reset a source size/position

I don't use YouTube but I did a quick search & found this video explaining how chapter marks are added:

As far as recording H265, your GTX-960 supports it but you'll need to do some testing.

Here's a start: (FYI, if you want uncompressed audio you can also set the audio encoder to PCM or FLAC)
Recording H265 4.JPG

rockbottom

Another option to record H265, install the StreamFX plugin. Here's the link to the latest stable release: