Question / Help Rerouting sound from Mac to iPhone

Ransom

Hello,

I'm doing some Skype interviews that will be shown on a mobile live streaming app called Periscope. The Skype call will be done on my iMac, and I'll have my iPhone pointed at the screen. Instead of just having my iMac speakers turned up really loud, I'm trying to get better quality audio from the interviewee, so I'm looking for a way to route all the audio from the iMac to the iPhone.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Installed Soundflowerbed.
1. Connected a 4-pole audio cable from my iMac's headset port to my iPhone.
2. Set up a Mutli-Output Device on my Audio MIDI Setup utility.

To be honest I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm not sure which selections to make in any of the applications, be it Audio MIDI Setup or Soundflowerbed.

At the moment I've done some tests and Periscope is just picking up audio through it's own internal microphone, and is ignoring the fact that it's plugged in to my iMac video audio cable, so presumably the audio isn't being redirected at all.

Does anyone know how I should be doing this please?

Thanks for any help!

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
I'm not sure what this has to do with OBS. I don't think you can stream to Periscope from arbitrary RTMP encoders.

According to https://github.com/gabrielg/periscope_api/blob/master/API.md, you can, but it requires effort.

Through the API, you have to use the loginTwitter endpoint (with your twitter oauth credentials, not username/password) to generate a cookie, then access the createBroadcast endpoint with said cookie, and you'll get a host, endpoint and credentials for sending your RTMP stream to. There's no easy "Stream Key", this is a multi-step process that could create a new broadcast endpoint each time you start/stop your stream.

This would be a feature add, if there is any large-scale desire to have Periscope.