required obs settings for my laptop

kyojin

Hi i wanted to try out streaming on twitch with my laptop. Here are my laptop's specs.
1598282233720.png

Graphics Card:
1598282296643.png

I would like the settings on obs for nice smooth streaming on my side and on the viewer's side.

Thank you!

SpectreKid

Your laptop's specs are very weak for streaming to Twitch. Other than that, we will also need to know your upload speed, as this will determine the maximum bitrate you can push to Twitch without overloading your ISP and dropping frames.

kyojin

1598321891898.png

There you go, that's my upload speed.
Your laptop's specs are very weak for streaming to Twitch. Other than that, we will also need to know your upload speed, as this will determine the maximum bitrate you can push to Twitch without overloading your ISP and dropping frames.

SpectreKid

Your streaming bitrate should be fine. I'd recommend using the "Simple" output mode with the hardware encoder (NVENC/QSV) if applicable. If not, trying streaming with (x264) at ultrafast. Keep in mind that quality at ultrafast is very blurry and distorted, and streaming with your current laptop's specifications is not ideal.

Bitrate? Set that to 6000. Or potentially 7000 or 8000, if you can push it and risk it, but 6000 is the recommendation.

FerretBomb

Generally you can just go to the Tools menu, then run the Auto-Configuration Wizard to get good baseline settings.

That said, your hardware is indeed on the weak side for livestreaming in general; U-variant CPUs are 'ultra low power' models, optimized for battery life rather than performance capability.
Using the NVENC hardware encoder is strongly advised. Your 920M GPU should have it available, though you may need to update your GPU drivers from nvidia.com to get it working.

kyojin

Generally you can just go to the Tools menu, then run the Auto-Configuration Wizard to get good baseline settings.

That said, your hardware is indeed on the weak side for livestreaming in general; U-variant CPUs are 'ultra low power' models, optimized for battery life rather than performance capability.
Using the NVENC hardware encoder is strongly advised. Your 920M GPU should have it available, though you may need to update your GPU drivers from nvidia.com to get it working.
uh there is no NVENC encoder