Replay Buffer more than 8 GB

DeMoN

Can we remove/increase the 8 GB Limit of the Replay Buffer? I have 64 GB System RAM and the 8 GB Buffer is not enough for me to buffer a 20minute video for Quake Champions Matches. I would have to go down to about 50 Mbit Bitrate to not exceed the 8 GB, but then I see visible compression on my Quake Champions videos at 2560x1600.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Can you explain why a normal recording is not sufficient for this?

Replay buffer is supposed to be used for exactly that; a buffer. For a replay. You know, a short clip.

Rodney

Forum Moderator
The 8 GiB limit exists just in the UI, to protect users from themselves. You can just edit the "basic.ini" file for the current profile. The key is called "RecRBSize" and can be set to whatever you want.

DeMoN

@Fenrir
Quake Champions doesnt support demos. But I dont want to record every freaking match and then later sort out all the not worthy to upload ones. Let alone the waste of my SSD life.
So I use the replay buffer to buffer a full match and if the match was cool I can THEN save it to disk.

Thank you Rodney I will look into that :)

DeMoN

@Rodney It works! Thank you.
The AAC Codec normally supports also up to 512 kbit Audio. Can I edit the audio bitrate in that ini too?
I would prefer pcm audio, but unfortunately I cant choose it.
The reason is I want that only youtube does convert it to a lossy format to maintain quality by transcodes.