Replay Buffer for OBS Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakeyosaurus

The idea of Replay Buffer is absolutely great, it's a feature in OBS classic but not OBS studio, I think this would greatly improve OBS studio. OBS Studio is the one program I use to stream and record, I'd love the Replay Buffer feature.

If you don't know what the Replay Buffer feature is... it's basically the program recording when ever it's open, but you press a button and/or hotkey to save the last set amount of time, say 2 minutes, of footage to your recording folder. as you can imagine this would be great for capturing rare or unexpected moments. As, say you got a rare drop and freaked out, you could hit the save Replay Buffer button and save the last 5 minutes of footage, for example, this set amount of recording time could be changed, this would operate much the same as Nvidia's shadow play, though OBS would record the application/window that it's set to, as normal, much like if you were recording or streaming normally, along with the same scaling output as normal recording etc.

EDIT: Of course, replay buffer would be completely optional and would need to be enabled for it to be active and recording!

Thanks for reading this and I hope Replay Buffer makes its way to OBS Studio soon, I know I will sure use it! :)

Last edited:

shukero

I second this request as this is the only reason I'm not using OBS at this time. The only thing I want to capture are those "OMG!" moments which aren't scripted and which come without warning. Unfortunately, I'm having to use xbox *SHUTTER* or even shadowplay *HURL* when I want to capture those "OMG!" moments, which are terrible because they do not have any audio options like in OBS. Can someone please let us know if this feature is slated to be in OBS Studio sometime in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.