Resource icon

Replay Buffer Folders v1.1.0

Bruce Thew

I got the email with the change and cut and pasted it into your lua file. Made a REPLAYS folder and pointed the Record stream at Recordings. These are both within my Primary folder D:/Yellow Hat Video/Recordings/Replays

It's crashed OBS when I capture clip via Replay Buffer

Thanks again
Bruce

Attachments

• Crash 2023-03-01 21-52-19.txt
    150 KB · Views: 54
  • 2023-03-01 21-52-54.txt
    22.6 KB · Views: 51

Rexxed

redraskal submitted a new resource:

Replay Buffer Folders - Saves replay buffer files to game-specific folders (like ShadowPlay).

Read more about this resource...
Is there a scripting reason that the game capture must be named "Game Capture"? Sometimes I play games that don't work well with Game Capture like CS:GO, and being unable to have two sources named "Game Capture" means that I cannot have CS:GO recorded with Display Capture and allow it to place it in a folder as well. If there's any way around this, or a reason it can't be done, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the script, works well in any other game other than those that reject OBS hooks.

redraskal

Is there a scripting reason that the game capture must be named "Game Capture"? Sometimes I play games that don't work well with Game Capture like CS:GO, and being unable to have two sources named "Game Capture" means that I cannot have CS:GO recorded with Display Capture and allow it to place it in a folder as well. If there's any way around this, or a reason it can't be done, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the script, works well in any other game other than those that reject OBS hooks.
This is because I access a Game Capture source for the script. I'm probably going to make an OBS plugin instead that should be better than lua

redraskal

I came up with a solution on the GitHub repo. Unfortunately, it uses an additional executable that steals application focus. So, it is only somewhat automated. You have to toggle Replay Buffer off/on whenever you switch games during an OBS session. With this version, the source names on OBS do not matter because the script does not look at them.

If I were to fetch the current running game every time you save a replay, it would tab you out of a game and that would be annoying

gu1k

i am getting

[OBSReplayFolders.lua] Error calling script_load: [string "C:/Program Files/obs-studio/OBSReplayFolders.lua"]:14: cannot load module 'C:/Program Files/obs-studio/detect_game.dll': The specified module could not be found.

no matter where i put this... help thanks!

gu1k

looks like you built it wrong ? it's asking for debug dll's

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.png
    New Bitmap Image.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 68

redraskal

i am getting

[OBSReplayFolders.lua] Error calling script_load: [string "C:/Program Files/obs-studio/OBSReplayFolders.lua"]:14: cannot load module 'C:/Program Files/obs-studio/detect_game.dll': The specified module could not be found.

no matter where i put this... help thanks!
i'm not sure, it works for a couple of people. this is also the first c project of mine so the library could totally have some issues haha

i set the expected location of detect_game.dll to the folder where the lua script is located. lua should print something different if the dll was built wrong

Rubik's Cube

ran into an issue while testing that. in theory, this should be possible
I really like and need the functionality of this script. Can I trouble you to fix this script?
I also tested that when replaying a buffered Battlefield 2042, the file is stored in the obs64 folder.

Angelore

Thank you for the script. Decided to use the first version, since that is exactly what I want.
But for easier conversion later I recommend changing move(path, folder) to move(path, string.gsub(folder, "%s+", "_")) (changes whitespaces in the folder name to underscores).