Render Lag

platinumjsi

Ok so I know the subject has come up a lot, I have checked a lot of the threads and cant get a full fix for my issue.
So I understand that it happens when there is not enough GPU time left for OBS to render the scenes, I tried the run as admin fix and it seemed to work mostly in Pubg, I tried to stream Jedi Fallen Order and I get lag regardless, the odd thing is I tested it with a bandwidth test stream and it was fine.
Dropping the FPS to 60 so that there is free GPU time fixes the problem.

So is there any full-on fix yet? I don't want to have to put together a second PC just to stream when this PC is more than capable, I also see streamers run from one PC at high FPS fine (Halifax for example).

I play a lot of FPS at high refresh so capping the framerate isn't an option, I can't believe that there isn't a way for OBS to take priority over the game for GPU time?

Has anyone here had success streaming high frame rate games on one PC?

qhobbes

It's hard to tell without a log so please don't take this the wrong way. Don't render frames you can't see. If you have a 240 Hz monitor, then cap it at 240 FPS. 60 Hz, then cap at 60 FPS. You can use those resources for other things and/or better quality frames for those that you can see.

platinumjsi

Its a 165ghz screen capped at 165hz, Pubg runs at between 120 fps and 165fps no render lag, Star Wars runs around 90 - 120 fps lots of render lag, as I say I have seen streamers run uncapped frames for lower input lag with no visible render lag on the screen.

platinumjsi

Just had a look for the log files I seem to have 4 files modified on the 20th and 6 on the 21st, no logs before that which is odd so I don't have the logs for the Pubg stream.
What should I be looking for in the logs, it will say render lag but is there something there that will indicate why other than not enough GPU resource?

platinumjsi

One thing I did notice was that if I alt-tabbed out the rendering lag stopped, the game was still full screen on the main screen though and still consuming the same 90% of the GPU time according to task manager, tabbing back in causes the lag to re appear