Render lag on new versions of OBS

neofalcon

Setup of two PCs. The one for streaming has a Ryzen 2700, Radeon HD6770, 8GB of RAM. Now I plan to stream simultaneously on YouTube and on vkplay. And at the same time, capture a replay, so that later the material can be edited. The choice of sites is determined primarily by quality, 4K at a bit rate of 50,000, few can offer.

So, on the latest version of OBS (I don’t remember which one now, either 28 or 29). When streaming to YouTube in 4K and 50,000 bitrate, I get the wildest render lag (rendering). That is, the video core can not cope, and is loaded at 100%. Why am I talking about the latest version, because this did not happen before, on version 26, for example, such a problem only appeared on 27. One could say, well, sit on 26, what’s the problem, but the problem is that on 26 you can’t merge a stream with a replay buffer and it encodes two streams in parallel, of course the computer can’t cope, and it also has a preset encoding quality in simple mode they don’t give you a choice, but which one is worth it, one can only guess. By the way, on the latest version, I managed to combine the stream with repetition only using the Simple mode.

On version 26, when streaming in 4K at 50,000 bitrate, the video card is loaded only by 60% and there is no render lag. Another interesting point is that the load on the video card does not depend on the bitrate, that is, I set even 5000 bitrate at 4K, still render lag.

OBS I'm running as admin. Browser hardware acceleration turned off. Nothing works except OBS. Of the plugins, I used only Multistream on both versions. There is nothing in the scene but a capture card and a webcam. Yes, even OBS reinstalled and made a clean profile, with an empty scene. Updated video card drivers. I set performance presets in the drivers. I set the power supply circuit to the maximum. That is, as if the problem is still in the OBS. On the forums, I found no more than two topics with an unresolved problem. Maybe the video card is very ancient and the owners of such video cards simply do not use OBS, so the topic is not much publicized. What else can I try?

P.S.: I know that VKplay has a maximum bitrate of 30k, but the problem is not even in the bitrate. If you stream 1440p, 50k bitrate, having previously set a key with 4K resolution on YouTube, then everything works, although YouTube swears in the control panel, gives a yellow error, asks you to change the resolution. But the stream at the same time transcodes in 4K, and the computer copes, and there are no drops, and replays with the stream go in one stream. Please don't say that 50k bitrate is not needed. No, I need. It's the only way to make your stream look better than anyone on twitch. But if it really annoys you that I'm using 50k bitrate, imagine that it's only 5000 bitrate. Because at 4K60 and 5k bitrate, exactly the same picture. The video card can’t cope, it loads 100%, and the stream gives out annoying render lag.

p.p.s.: Forgive me if I wrote crookedly somewhere, because I write through a translator. English is not my native language and I am not fluent in it.

Logs:
v28:
https://obsproject.com/logs/q06cpCPvz1KbcHIU
v26:
https://obsproject.com/logs/fmyr1FPN2t_kudWC

Attachments

• X4GgdhVnckA.jpg
    X4GgdhVnckA.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 19
  • OmAQ3UsBz-o.jpg
    OmAQ3UsBz-o.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 19