Question / Help Remux Recording Adobe Premiere Error

Cheeseburger

So I have been using OBS on windows and it lets you record videos as a flv file or mp4 file. The flv files I can't open with anything, not even my Adobe Media Encoder supports these OBS output flv files. So I have been recording as mp4. However mp4 has issues where the file becomes corrupt, especially with long recordings (4+ hour streams). So after seeing that OBS Multiplatform allows you to remux flv files to mp4, I decided to download it despite it being in beta for Windows.

So I record my videos as flv and then use OBS Multiplatform to remux them to mp4. It all looks good, the files play in windows media player and all seems fine, until I want to edit the videos. As soon as I try to import the remuxed mp4 file into Adobe Premiere it gives me an error saying no audio or video tracks were found. Yet if I record straight to mp4 format without remuxing it works fine. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a reason the remuxed mp4 files don't import into Adobe Premiere?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It's most likely due to lack of codecs I'm guessing. Really shouldn't be any problem with the MP4 file otherwise, but I might just have to buy premiere to check myself just in case. It's definitely performing a remux so the actual tracks should be fine, and the fact that they open in other media players should also indicate that they're fine. I'm betting it's just premiere being picky about format issues or lack of installed codecs.