Question / Help Remove/Hide Audio Devices

DevonCM

This is sort of a multi-faceted question and request...

First off, I'm wondering if it's possible to disable a specific audio device completely, so it doesn't show up in the mixer and wherever else. I have the stupid webcam listed as an audio device which I never use, and it's taking up space / getting in the way in the mixer.
I have it disabled in Recording Devices but unfortunately it still shows up. Could there not be an option under Properties > Audio Output Mode for "None" or "Disabled"?

On a similar note, it would be great if the mixer could be a bit more user-friendly. Being able to manually sort devices, and choose what will or won't be active(so it won't show up with a fader/meter). That could include a main output "device" for monitoring the L/R levels, controlling overall volume, and adding filters to the entire mix at once. Obviously more filters would be excellent as well, especially a Limiter for the main out. Other useful filters would be EQ, compression/dynamics, etc. What would be crazy is if it could just use VST plugins, but I don't know if that's even possible... lol

Anyway, a more robust mixer/audio situation would be great, but for now I'd love to know about removing that webcam audio device listing...