Remote Access...

lfaegre

Our Program, This Is Not America requires 3 remote access locations and I have not been able to figure out how this is done and don't see any information on this. Can someone direct me to this guidance please?

Lawrence_SoCal

Lots of possibilities, and discussed in these forums lots of times in recent years... more commonly referred to as remote video source.
"Access" is not the right word to use in terms of common usage. The remote site is not 'accessing' anything. The remote site is one of many video sources (ie senders of video feed), and your challenge is routing that remote video feed, usually over open internet (with all the best effort, no guaranteed delivery of packets that goes with that). Depending on cameras, budget, ISP links in each location, etc... will factor into what might be a 'best' approach

as qhobbes said... as long as it fits within your requirements

another, typically much more sophisticated, secure, & pricier, option would be NDI bridge.
What you use will depend in part on budget, local system capabilities, requirements (including reliability, consistency), technical sophistication of operators in each location, etc.

lfaegre

Lots of possibilities, and discussed in these forums lots of times in recent years... more commonly referred to as remote video source.
"Access" is not the right word to use in terms of common usage. The remote site is not 'accessing' anything. The remote site is one of many video sources (ie senders of video feed), and your challenge is routing that remote video feed, usually over open internet (with all the best effort, no guaranteed delivery of packets that goes with that). Depending on cameras, budget, ISP links in each location, etc... will factor into what might be a 'best' approach

as qhobbes said... as long as it fits within your requirements

another, typically much more sophisticated, secure, & pricier, option would be NDI bridge.
What you use will depend in part on budget, local system capabilities, requirements (including reliability, consistency), technical sophistication of operators in each location, etc.
I would recommend starting with https://vdo.ninja/ and using a browser source.
A browser versus OBS as the source?

For remotely controlling OBS you can use Companion Satellite which is more of a production tool for producers, but as far as I know OBS hasn't got a remote logging tool except you setup a server running OBS with remote accessing configured.