Question / Help Remember PTZ Camera Settings

Matt Briney

We are using OBS Studio for Windows and have a PTZOptics 20x USB camera. I can add the camera as a source and I can control the PTZ using the camera settings in OBS

What I'm curious though is if I can set different settings for the PTZ (i.e. a wide room, zoom-in, left pan, etc.) for different scenes and have it remember those. If I duplicate scenes or try and re-add the camera as a new source it changes the pan zoom and tilt settings across all of the scenes that have the camera added.

EBrito

Create a scene, select the camera as source.
If you can configure camera VIA SCENE you can create a different scene, add same cammera and configure different via scene.

If you configure camera via source, it will be the same every time you use that source.

If you capture camera as a "different" device (not reusing existent) OBS will have problems reconnecting from one camera to another.

huogas

@EBrito

I think we have the same goal, and at first I thought that you had find out a way to solve the problem. In fact you were proposing a solution to the community of developers... Anything new since the time that you hi lite the possible solution ?

Thanks

Gaston