Reliable specs for streaming

cbm76

We are a church looking to stream our services to YT using OBS. What are the specs we should be considering for reliable performance? We are running one camera, a Vixia HF G50 through an Elgato HD60 S and audio from an X32 board using a Scarlett Focusrite. This could be its only purpose, but it would be nice if the specs were reliable enough to run ProPresenter 7 simultaneously. Ideally, I would have options in the $750 range but I have been looking at gaming desktops in the $1000 range. I would prefer not to get into that price range unless I really need to, and I do not want to build one myself.

Thanks in advance!

FerretBomb

Honestly the most important part of a cheap streaming rig at this point is grabbing an nVidia GPU. 10-series will work, but a 1660 or 1650 Super (NOT the non-super or Ti!) is the best bang-for-buck as far as quality at the moment.
NVENC essentially takes care of almost all the 'heavy lifting' part of streaming, allowing almost anything to livestream at this point; your main concerns would be looking at the specs needed for the other software you plan to run.

Cheapest-possible, I'd go for something with a slightly older i5 and a GTX 1050 (the 1030 doesn't have NVENC). Splashing out a bit, bump that up to a GTX 1650 Super for the improved encoder quality. Prefer a 500W power supply for stability and 16GB RAM (or more) just for basic working space.

Omegaforts

Question like that

I have 20 series 3600x and a 10 series 6700k but having issues streaming as gpu is always maxed out and you fell the game lag.

not sure if i forgot to turn off a feature to run nvenc new properly. i see multiple people with smaller systems and same cards run nvenc no issues.

bvZed

Ferretbomb has it nailed. Same application, I got a new 9th gen i5 with the GTX 1650 Super already installed by Dell for about $1050 shipped. nVidea's NVENC encoding power massively exceeded my expectations. CPU load is 12-18%, plenty of room for other apps. I would have no qualms about running on an older 7th gen i5 with this GPU. Make sure you have space available for the double wide PCIe, and again, a power supply that can handle the demand.