Question / Help Reduce static noise but keep the music clear

RandomPlugin

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the software and from what I saw and read you could a lot and I like it! But I'm running into a frustrating issue. Not that much of the program but more coming from the source. I've a beautiful Pioneer RX2 and I wanted to do some live streaming. I hooked up some cables (tried TRS and RCA) from the output of the machine (Booth monitor and master output) to my Asus U7 which has an line-in input. After setting up OBS I could hear sound coming from the machine but it also brought a annoying static noise. Which is audible when the music is not playing or if there is silent break in the song.

Now as the title suggests I want to reduce/remove the static noise coming from the machine. I already tried other cables and power outlets. I found this guide to be somewhat helpful. But as it seems it not only reduces the static noise but also reduces the quality of the music that I'm playing in a way that it isn't desirable. It filters the low too much en high frequencies are too cut off. From what I can hear it looks like the build in "Noise Suppressor" is too aggressive.

Are there any people around here that could help me to find a proper setup for music live streaming where the music is minimally altered?

RandomPlugin

To answer my own question. As the linked topic mentioned. Use ReaPlugs VST FX Suite.

1) Enable the ReaFir plugin
2) Set mode to substract
3) Select "Automatically build noise profile"
4) Play with the FFT Size to increase the result of filtering
5) Uncheck "Automatically build noise profile"
6) Enjoy your non static recordings!

In my case the static noise was audible even when there was nothing playing so it was easy for me to build a noise profile. You may want to play with the options to get the best out of your situation.

Source: https://sound.stackexchange.com/a/35351