Question / Help Recordings' width skewed too thin

felinoel

A friend of mine told me to adjust the preview window in order to make the width not record thin but it looks perfectly fine in the preview window, here is a circle on the left in the preview window and the same circle on the right is what recorded with those previewed settings and you can see that it is skewed heavily for some reason and I have changed so many settings but can't find out the cause of the skewing.

This happens in more than one game too.

SAFTscL.png

https://gist.github.com/5169a4212aa3b0949bcd

felinoel

Using what player to play the videos back?
Woah you're right, that is so weird.
I am using Adobe Premiere Pro to get the above image but when I play it in VLC it looks fine...?

But... when I manually adjust the width using VLC's resizing capabilities it looks fine in Premiere Pro.

EDIT:
Also I don't want to have to manually adjust it every time, it ruins the quality and takes too much time.

felinoel

Sounds like premiere is being stupid about things again.
Any idea how to fix it?
A certain recording format, a certain encoder? Because if it works fine when the video file has been manually adjusted then it has to be one of those causing it... maybe?

Harold

Have you tried other video software like avidemux to see if those load the video properly?

DEDRICK

Are you using a 16:9 sequence in Premiere? Because it looks like Premiere is set to a 4:3 and scaling the video accordingly

felinoel

Any idea how to fix it?
A certain recording format, a certain encoder? Because if it works fine when the video file has been manually adjusted then it has to be one of those causing it... maybe?
Working off of this idea I tried a different recording format and .mov files seem to work perfectly!

felinoel

Have you tried other video software like avidemux to see if those load the video properly?
Two issues with this:
The first being that avidemux doesn't appear to have any video editing capabilities?
The second being that I make these videos for Youtube and Youtube has VERY specific settings or else they will ruin the quality and idk how to get these settings for other video editers.