Recording YouTube TV

bboyd619

My aim is to be able to grab video clips from sports events that aired the previous night. I had been told that OBS Studio would be able to grab clips from YouTube TV recordings. However every time I record my window with YouTube TV, the screen is black during record. I'm sure this is a YouTube TV protection but hoping there is a way around this!

I don't think this is the same black screen issue posted by Jim in 2013, as other non-YouTube TV windows show up as not black in recordings. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to my log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/4Ej26BAo3sHEExGJ

flaner55

My aim is to be able to grab video clips from sports events that aired the previous night. I had been told that OBS Studio would be able to grab clips from YouTube TV recordings. However every time I record my window with YouTube TV, the screen is black during record. I'm sure this is a YouTube TV protection but hoping there is a way around this!

I don't think this is the same black screen issue posted by Jim in 2013, as other non-YouTube TV windows show up as not black in recordings. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to my log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/4Ej26BAo3sHEExGJ

Did you ever figure this out by chance?

rm23

Did you ever figure this out by chance?
If you are using Google Chrome, try disabling hardware acceleration. That fixed the issue for me.

Chrome 3-dot menu > Settings > Advanced > System > turn off "Use hardware acceleration when available", and relaunch the browser.

Jedted

If you are using Google Chrome, try disabling hardware acceleration. That fixed the issue for me.

Chrome 3-dot menu > Settings > Advanced > System > turn off "Use hardware acceleration when available", and relaunch the browser.

This REALLY helped, thanks! All i wanted was a screen cap of an image from the latest Doctor Who episode.

Krimby

OMG! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been struggling with this forever; I just gave up yesterday but instead of uninstalling OBS this morning, I made one more search and found this. Disabling hardware acceleration in my Firefox fixed it !!!!! And I just spent two hours trying to find my way back to this post to thank you!

Djourney87

Still works like a charmmmm!!!!!!! Thanks so much! Is there a way we can hide this from google so they don't fix it? LOL