Question / Help Recording with AMD GPUs and OpenGL games

MrJaime

This is another thread of people asking for help because their video has green flashes or whatever you wanna call it.
There are people that have reported this aswell, like (1 and video, 2, 3)
The thing is that I also want to record a OpenGL game (Minecraft in this case) without having issues and I see other programs like Bandicam or Action! and these programs don't suffer of that problem, and they use the AMD VCE aswell.
One day I entered on the IRC of obs and someone told me that the issue was caused by the AMD driver, and that I had to rollback to a older driver to fix the issue.
I know that there is a workaround for this issue that is enabling the Multi Adapter Compatiblity, but that uses the CPU instead of the GPU so it creates a lot of load on the CPU, leading to problems like skipped frames.
I just want to know why these programs (Action or Bandicam) don't suffer of this problem.
Also if someone had this problem before and has the same video card as me (R9 380) could you tell me what is the version of the driver you installed to get ride of the issue.

Last edited:

Harold

action and bandicam use the same capture method as the multi-adapter compatibility hook do.

The ball is still in AMD's court for the real fix.

MrJaime

action and bandicam use the same capture method as the multi-adapter compatibility hook do.

The ball is still in AMD's court for the real fix.

Have this been reported to AMD? I cannot find it in their forums, maybe someone could open a thread explaining what happens.
Also for some reason when I tried the free action trial it was skipping frame, and the cpu usage was not as high as obs cpu usage