Recording upper left portion of screen only

Vcaster

I've searched the forums/google and seen this as a repeat issue with OBS, however I didn't find any solution. What happens is that, when recording, the captured image is only a smaller area of the active source than what is actually displayed on screen. It's the upper left corner of the desired source. I'll start OBS then open the game. The preview in OBS matches the game screen displayed exactly. I'll start recording in OBS, then alt-tab to the game and start playing. The preview remains good - as in, it's still displaying the entire game window, nothing is cropped out. However, when reviewing the recorded game, the output is only a portion of the screen area, almost like a zoomed-in window. It's pretty frustrating. I have NVidia's Surround enabled on a triple-wide setup and had the issue. I disabled surround and attempted to run the game on a single monitor and it still cropped the recording down to a smaller size. I have the base canvas set to the correct resolution for a single monitor (1920x1080) and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to capture fullscreen on a single monitor or capture center screen only with surround enabled.

Any Ideas?

Attachments

• 2020-07-29 18-26-16.txt
    29.7 KB · Views: 442

carlmmii

With surround enabled, OBS is only going to be able to see the entire 5760x1080 area as a single unit.

That said, you should still be able to crop that down to the necessary area, either by editing the transformation and cropping the left and right sides (right-click -> transform -> edit transform), or by adding a filter to crop it down.

Vcaster

I understand that it will see the screen as a single unit. I took your advice and transfor>edit transform and was able to get it to record the entire screen, but when setting the "postion" tow where I want the bounding box to begin (1920, which should be the beginning of the center monitor) and size the bounding box to the monitor's resolution it still records the entire 5760 width.

Vcaster

EDIT:

And now instead of just recroding my Firefox window as it did perfectly before it now records the width of my desktop. Didn't make any changes to the Firefox source, but there it is.