Question / Help Recording two webcams CPU fan goes mental quality low

AOSPete

I hope this is the right place, please let me know if not. I've got a macbook pro, early 2015, 3.1 Ghz, core i7, 16Gb of Ram and an Iris Graphics 6100 1536 Mb.

I've got two logitec c920s plugged in via a USB hub and I'm trying to just capture two inputs, I've found the best way to adjust them is using the logic software, turning off all auto settings for zoom/focus/light etc and then killing the logitec software afterwards else it seems to go proper mad.

I've used the wizard to set up my record settings but the result is mediocre at best and the minute I start recording the fan on my CPU goes mental and stays mental throughout. Are my setting optimal? Can I record an output at better quality without lag? I'd ideally like to capture both camera's on 720p output each put I've shrunk both camera's down into one window for now but if anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful!

Am I missing something cripplingly obvious in my setup I've missed? I'm a newb to this OBS malarkey but keen to learn...

Cheers!
Pete

Attachments

• 2018-09-26 21-15-47.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 10