Recording settings advice 1440p144hz 1080p60 output with AMD encoding. Logs and Video included.

DirtyBakes

Hello. I'm fairly new to all this and have tried the best I can to tweak this to get this where it's at. I would really appreciate any pointers on settings I could change or workarounds for some of the issues I'm having, Ideally, I would like to play my games in 1440p144hz and output in 1080p60. I am recording locally to a 500gb SSD, not streaming. I understand on a single PC setup there are limitations, so I will do my best to summarize what I have done so far. I'm not super knowledgeable so if this is not helpful or redundant forgive me. My computer usually does pretty well in game (120-140fps ishh) with the settings I play on at 1440p.

-Frame locked game at 120 - Reduced texture resolution in game - Disabled preview in OBS - Disabled all background applications - Adjusted different bitrates between 30000-50000 - Running OBS as administrator - Updated all drivers and applications - Closed all that windows capture stuff - Dropped my monitor resolution to 120hz (no matter what I did at 144hz I could not get below 50-60% render lag) Am I forced to play under 144hz to record?

I think I'm at a decent place but could really use some pointers. Maybe you can notice something I wouldn't think to change or anything that stands out. Below you can find the log and the video I edited and uploaded. It's not very exciting footage but I've included some metric overlays in hopes to demonstrate where I'm at. I notice stuttering at times and other times (during the gulag) it is pretty clean. I have posted quite a few other videos as well on my channel (mainly Warzone) from OBS and Radeon RELIVE in attempt to better the quality. RELIVE has less stuttering but the image quality suffers. I'm not promoting myself by any means but please feel free to view them and give any feedback as far as quality is concerned.

Change framerate, keyframe interval, bitrate, encoder settings, file sizes, storage location, resolutions, scaling, FPS value setting, anything! I'm not sure what else to tinker with. Sorry for the lengthy post. Trying to be somewhat thorough in attempt to not waste anyone time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think you can tell this already from the log but for what it's worth.
Ryzen 5 3600
5700 XT
b450 tomahawk max
16 Gb RAM
1tb hdd / 500sdd

VIDEO from submitted log:
https://youtu.be/pEWwu-tVEWk - OBS TROUBLESHOOT
(stuttering/resolution drop @0:25 / @1:37)

Attachments

• 2020-08-09 12-36-49.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 12