recording programme including pulldown menus

Rolsch Sewer

How do I record my self developed software including the pulldown menus. I want to make a tutorial of the functions of software we developed. Therefore I must film all the screens which are opened and closed when working with the program. How do I do that?

koala

Use display capture with OBS. Window capture isn't able to capture anything more than the main app window of any app.

Rolsch Sewer

Use display capture with OBS. Window capture isn't able to capture anything more than the main app window of any app.

Thank you very much for your answer,

I found the following steps on internet but unfortunately it does not seem to work. Any ideas on what to do?

Open Settings and search for "Graphics Settings". Select "Classic App" and browse to C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe (or wherever you have installed OBS). Click "Options" (example screenshot). If you want to use display capture to capture your screen / desktop, select "Power Saving".Feb 27, 2020

celldata1

Unfortunately for me, Window Capture IS capturing drop down menus, just like Display Capture. I thought it was my AMD R7 250 GPU, but I found another person who has the same problem. The new ver. 25 tweak to Window Capture may have broken it. No need for Window Capture to do what Display Capture does.

Hope you find what you need!