Question / Help (Recording) NVENC problems

Marcelo Mendes

Hello everyone,
I've always used NVENC encoder (h264) to record videos but in the last 8/9 days it just doesn't work anymore. I've tried all the solutions I found online but it just seems to solve the problem temporarily and when I open OBS again after some time, the problem returns.

When I try to record, a pop-up show this message: http://imgur.com/tszTuHa (image attached to post aswell)

Also, this is the log: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/fbfccfaa643bff1e294a5ef41b9ec847

If anyone know how to solve this problem, please give me a hand,
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• obs1.png
    obs1.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 13

ApexAssassin

I too have the same issue. i updated my graphics driver from nvidia and now can not get the stream to work cos a encoding problem.

Attachments

• 2017-04-27 16-36-18.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 11

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Try using the recording presets in simple output mode with the nvenc encoder. Something inside the encoder itself is failing (not OBS), but hard to say what. The presets are known good settings, please check if they work.

Marcelo Mendes

I did this now and the problem is still there, even using a NVENC preset in the "Simple" output mode.
(See attached image for configs used)

Attachments

• obs2.png
    obs2.png
    49 KB · Views: 30

ApexAssassin

The default and Nvidia option never used to be there. It used to just be Nvidia. So something has changed.

Attachments

• 2017-04-27 (4).png
    2017-04-27 (4).png
    345 KB · Views: 19

Fenrir

Forum Admin
That is not the recording presets. You need to change the recording quality to Indistinguishable and then select NVENC as the encoder under the recording section.

Marcelo Mendes

Yes, it works but it's probably because you changed the encoder to "h264" instead of using0 "NVENC.h264". I'm trying to keep using the NVENC encoder to record.