Question / Help Recording is Cropped with AMD VSR after fresh install

OmarBessa

Hello,

First of all, thanks for making OBS. This is such a great piece of software. I was thinking about contributing to the codebase.

Anyways, I was using it to record my Windows desktop which has a VSR resolution of 2560x1440 on a 1080p display with Intel Quick Sync. I don't know how, or if it was supported at all, but it worked.

Due to some hardware issues, I had to do a fresh install. When everything was up and running again I decided to record some video and bam, it just won't work. I mean, the screen is weirdly cropped and I get a seemingly 1920x1080 image with an apparently 640px wide and 360px tall black border.

I know this is not a regular set up, but it would be so cool if you guys could help me in some way. I've already tried most of the alternative software (i.e. Afterburner, xSplit, dxtory, Bandicam, etc) and the only ones that manage to pull it off with QSV have the same crop and border problem. I reassure you this used to work with OBS. However, I don't know how lol.

I guess I'll try to code my way out of this, but in the meantime, if you could help me it would feel wonderful.

Thanks.