Recording a webinar in a browser - is there a setting I can adjust so that it does not pick up external audio like my talking?

dwarnes

Hi, I have been playing around with settings to no avail. I have a webinar link that I am attempting to record abd capture both the audio and the video, but I do not want to pick up the external mic sounds like me talking or coughing, etc,... Is there a setting within OBS or within the mac I need to adjust? I am using an older version of both - my Mac is running Sierra 10.12, I would really appreciate any help here. Thanks

Lawrence_SoCal

Note pinned post in this forum on posting your OBS log when asking for support/help

If you are recording Desktop Audio in OBS, then you have to, at the Operating System (OS) level, be attentive to what audio is on/route via Desktop Audio.
I'm aware of a plugin for Windows to allow separate App capture, and there is reference to similar ability in the new OBS v28, currently in Beta.
There may be Mac specific options, but someone who is familiar with such, if any, would have to chime in here (not my area of expertise)