Recorded file lagged, have tried almost everything

xmaddness

Evening all,

I am trying to record 1080p 60fps Call of Duty Modern Warfare gameplay and every setting I have tried has failed to produce a quality output file. It's laggy and looks to be around 30fps.

I have tried:

CQP
CQ Level: 20

CBE
Bitrate 16k

and several others.

My hardware is as follows:

GPU: nVidia 2070 Super
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Mem: 32GB
Drive: NVME M.2 SSD

I have tried reading up on the differences between VBR video vs fixed BR video, but honestly, I can't seem to make anything work.

I am right now trying to run the same output video through handbrake as I saw somewhere someone suggested it needed to be processed from variable bit rate to 60fps via handbrake before going through post via Davinci.

I am at my wits end trying to get just some decent 60fps gameplay footage for my youtube uploads.

Please halp me :(

Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/aFyb0AP0Gn350MSm

carlmmii

You're running multiple monitors at different refresh rates. This causes problems on windows versions prior to the 2004 update. Update windows to the 2004 release.

Also, running your monitor at 144hz and recording at 60fps will never be a proper conversion. There will always be mistimed frames due to how many frames need to be discarded from 144->60. For a proper conversion, run at 120hz instead.

As a side note, do not record directly to .mp4. This container format requires closing metadata written at the end of recording, so if anything happens to interrupt the recording abruptly (such as a crash), then the entire recording will be corrupted. Record directly to .mkv or .flv instead. If you need .mp4 for editing purposes, then you can remux the recording afterward (either automatically via the advanced settings, or manually through the file menu).