Record Zoom screen while using virtual camera ? Probably not possible, right ?

KumsaJack

Love OBS Studio.
I use it for video conferencing to synchronize the audio and video. I have an external camera and external microphone, and w/o OBS the video is out of sync. Here's my configuration https://docs.google.com/document/d/14RtN5UK8d-zak4zfkcZPDtOOwa-uWTb-ba6EAJP-DYU/edit?usp=sharing

However, I'd also really like to record the video conference output. If I attempt to add a Window Capture while using a virtual camera, then I vanish in the video call.

Is it possible for OBS to simultaneously record the video call as shown by Zoom/Meet/Teams while also having a virtual camera (so my voice syncs correctly) ?

Thanks for any pointers to guides, etc. I've looked, but I can't find a match to my question.

KumsaJack

Resolved.

I can run a 2nd instance of OBS.
  • Add a source, “Window Capture” for the video conference window
  • Add a source, “Audio Input Capture” and configure properties for the VB-cable
  • Select “Screen Recording”

The 1st OBS instance addresses the video/audio synchronization for a virtual camera to be used in video conferencing.
The 2nd OBS instance allows me to record the video conference

henrykang

Resolved.

I can run a 2nd instance of OBS.
  • Add a source, “Window Capture” for the video conference window
  • Add a source, “Audio Input Capture” and configure properties for the VB-cable
  • Select “Screen Recording”

The 1st OBS instance addresses the video/audio synchronization for a virtual camera to be used in video conferencing.
The 2nd OBS instance allows me to record the video conference
What a helpful comment! Thank you so much
basketball stars