Question / Help Record and stream two different scenes

Leseratte10

Hello,

is there a way to make OBS stream one scene to twitch, and, at the same time, record another scene to a file? I'd like to upload the video to YouTube after streaming, but I'd only like to have the game in the YouTube video, and not my twitch alerts and all the other stuff in my "main" scene.

When I activate scene 2, click record, and then switch back to scene 1 to stream, the recording also switches to scene 1.

And I cannot run OBS two times, because for some reason my video grabber stream can only opened once (it fails with "device busy" otherwise).

Leseratte10

"yet" -> does this mean this is planned for a later version, or maybe already in work, or not?
I don't really want my YouTube videos to contain the follower / donate / whatever alerts ...

JanH

Hello,

is there a way to make OBS stream one scene to twitch, and, at the same time, record another scene to a file? I'd like to upload the video to YouTube after streaming, but I'd only like to have the game in the YouTube video, and not my twitch alerts and all the other stuff in my "main" scene.

When I activate scene 2, click record, and then switch back to scene 1 to stream, the recording also switches to scene 1.

And I cannot run OBS two times, because for some reason my video grabber stream can only opened once (it fails with "device busy" otherwise).

Try OBS for your stream and OBS studio for your recordings. I run an i5 3750 - GTX970 - 16GB 155 RAM and it's "just" to light to run both outputs.
System performabce wise, if you have a nVidia videocard, dig into Shadowplay.

GillyMoMo

Try OBS for your stream and OBS studio for your recordings. I run an i5 3750 - GTX970 - 16GB 155 RAM and it's "just" to light to run both outputs.
System performabce wise, if you have a nVidia videocard, dig into Shadowplay.

You do realize this is the Linux part of the forum right? There is no OBS classic for linux unless you want to run it in Wine and trust me that is a can of worms the op most likely doesn't want to get into.

To the OP you are able to run two instances of OBS if that's what you need to do, provided your PC can handle it.