Recommended equipment for an OBS Live Stream

AndreasB

Hi Forum members,

a newbie on-site.

Planning to take on an assignment with live-streaming an interview with 3-4 people sitting around a table, each having one microphone each and would maybe like to have 2-3 cameras.

Running a MacBook Pro 13-inch 2018 with 2,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 and 16 GB mem where OBS will be installed.

Not looking for too High Quality equipment as I am not sure whether more similar assignments will come or not.

What would you experience OBS users and streamer recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Lawrence_SoCal

This forum is for OBS Ideas and suggestion (ie regarding development, primarily).
For end-user support, that would be one of the OS specific forums.

For a one-off? Mind you I have NOT done this exact setup. And this is the wrong forum, you should be asking in the Mac OS forum? Why just that forum? because hooking up the gear will end up being Mac specific.
I'd recommend indicating what sort of budget you'd like to keep to. And which type of microphones- USB, or XLR/?? into mixer into computer?
A key consideration is that computers route incoming USB traffic via a USB Root Hub. And depending on specifics, one can easily overwhelm such root hubs with multiple video feeds. There are work-arounds with Thunderbolt docks. Or using Network cameras (but they can be quite a bit more expensive when getting decent units with low latency processing unlike cheap security cameras)
Also, almost all laptops run the risk of thermal throttling on computationally demanding task of real-time video encoding. So, I'd recommend test streaming/recording in similar length scenario (with laptop already warm from regular usage).

Again, I won't reply again on this thread, just food for thought. I will share more in the Mac forum if you post there.