Question / Help Reaper/Reastream to OBS: DAW mix cuts in and out during live stream

namespayne

Hi everyone. I read the posts and didn't find a fix.

I am using Reastream to send audio from reaper to OBS for facebook live streams. I'm monitoring the audio from reaper and it consistently sounds fine, and I get the signal showing as "received" by OBS with the reastream filter applied. Although OBS is getting the signal, when I go live to FB and listen back, the mix from the DAW only comes through intermittently, alternating between the desired mix and the dry signal. I suspect the dry signal is OBS reading my interface input. If I switch the mic input to default for OBS that doesn't make it any better, and selecting my interfaces mixing drivers as input sources for OBS makes it stop receiving from reastream altogether.

I'm running reaper in WASAPI mode on Windows 10, adequate and updated year-old laptop. I tried in ASIO mode with ASIO4ALL and Reaper wouldn't work with that.

Please help with suggestions and of course feel free to ask if there is more info I should have provided up front. Thank you.

MikeFloutier

Hi, I can't immediately answer your question but I'm in the process of setting up the exact same thing, ie. Reaper > OBS > FB live. So maybe we can help each other along the way.

I see you are on Windows 10, I am on Mac. I assume you downloaded the Standalone version of ReaStream from Reaper; unfortunately it's not available for Mac.

How did the process of identifying the plugin go for you in OBS? In it's dropdown of (supposedly) VST2.x plugins it list everything in my VST and VST3 folders. Apparently it's only able to cope with Standalone VSTs as none of the "native" Reaper plugins show up at all.

Anyway, at least I've bumped your thread, maybe you've got somewhere in the mean time??

GAHL

Hi, I can't immediately answer your question but I'm in the process of setting up the exact same thing, ie. Reaper > OBS > FB live. So maybe we can help each other along the way.

I see you are on Windows 10, I am on Mac. I assume you downloaded the Standalone version of ReaStream from Reaper; unfortunately it's not available for Mac.

How did the process of identifying the plugin go for you in OBS? In it's dropdown of (supposedly) VST2.x plugins it list everything in my VST and VST3 folders. Apparently it's only able to cope with Standalone VSTs as none of the "native" Reaper plugins show up at all.

Anyway, at least I've bumped your thread, maybe you've got somewhere in the mean time??
Hey Mike! You and I are attempting the same set up using Mac OS 10.15.6 / Reaper 6.13 r2252ae (64 bit) and OBS 25.08. For the life of me, I can't get the out of the box Reaper VSTs to show in OBS. I *think* I need the reastream.vst to enable the audio feed from Reaper into OBS - RIGHT??? Is there another version of reastream that you've found that DOES appear in the VST2.x plugins list??