Question / Help Really choppy recordings

FerretBomb

Are you trying to livestream, or record? Your logfile includes instances of both.

09:52:50.559: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 674 (6.3%)
09:52:50.559: ==== Recording Stop ================================================
09:52:50.559: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 6703/10636 (63.0%)
To fix the rendering stalls (or at least help with it), run OBS as Administrator. Normally this happens when the game you're playing is using up all the GPU resources, and OBS can't finish its housekeeping tasks. Running as Admin will let it have 'first dibs' on GPU time.

Encoding lag with NVENC normally is caused by one of four things. Using the Max Quality preset (use Quality instead), or having Lookahead or Psycho-Visual Tuning enabled. Both of those should be unchecked. The last (using a Monitor Capture and Game or Window Capture in the same scene) doesn't appear to apply to you. It might be a good idea to delete the Monitor Capture though, and use a Game or Window capture if possible; they're much more performant. Display Capture should be avoided as anything but an absolute last resort.

Cypher2904

Are you trying to livestream, or record? Your logfile includes instances of both.

To fix the rendering stalls (or at least help with it), run OBS as Administrator. Normally this happens when the game you're playing is using up all the GPU resources, and OBS can't finish its housekeeping tasks. Running as Admin will let it have 'first dibs' on GPU time.

Encoding lag with NVENC normally is caused by one of four things. Using the Max Quality preset (use Quality instead), or having Lookahead or Psycho-Visual Tuning enabled. Both of those should be unchecked. The last (using a Monitor Capture and Game or Window Capture in the same scene) doesn't appear to apply to you. It might be a good idea to delete the Monitor Capture though, and use a Game or Window capture if possible; they're much more performant. Display Capture should be avoided as anything but an absolute last resort.
I want to record and maybe stream in the future. I'm new to this and i'm not sure how to set it as admin can you tell me how please.

FerretBomb

I want to record and maybe stream in the future. I'm new to this and i'm not sure how to set it as admin can you tell me how please.
Right-click the shortcut you use to launch OBS and select 'run as administrator' from the context menu. You can also go to Properties in that menu, and on one of the tabs there's a checkbox to 'always run as administrator' so you don't have to right-click it every time.