Really bad video quality and about 5 frames every minute in r6 only?

OFish3r

I am very new to obs, i have recorded gameplay in multiple games like valorant and csgo all recording perfect 1080p video without any dropped frames. I recently tried with Rainbow Six Seige and it was a completely different story, so i reduced the quality to 720 and halfed the frames to 30, this still produced awful quality and frames changing every few seconds, i thought it may just be my pc but at even 480p 30 fps, on the lowest settings in the game i still get an awful video. I am using the nvidia encoder as i have a 1660 6gb, and the game told me it was using about a gigabyte of the cards memory. I have changed the obs to have a high priority on my pc and the game to have a low priority but it doesnt help, just looking for advice. The log below was the best output it has done for some reason but i hope it helps.

Attachments

• log file.txt
    18.6 KB · Views: 7

qhobbes

1. Run OBS as Admin.
2. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
3. Update your Windows 10 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
4. The encoder is skipping frames because of CPU overload. Read about General Performance and Encoding Issues.
5. Audio buffering hit the maximum value. This is an indicator of very high system load, will affect stream latency, and may even cause individual audio sources to stop working. Keep an eye on CPU usage especially, and close background programs if needed. Restart OBS to reset buffering.

carlmmii

Also, don't use "rescale output" in the output settings -- this forces the old Nvenc method. Also, don't use lookahead, as this is a CUDA function and can interfere.

OFish3r

Also, don't use "rescale output" in the output settings -- this forces the old Nvenc method. Also, don't use lookahead, as this is a CUDA function and can interfere.
so i shouls keep it recorded at 1080? when i uncheck the box it stays 1080

OFish3r

1. Run OBS as Admin.
2. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
3. Update your Windows 10 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
4. The encoder is skipping frames because of CPU overload. Read about General Performance and Encoding Issues.
5. Audio buffering hit the maximum value. This is an indicator of very high system load, will affect stream latency, and may even cause individual audio sources to stop working. Keep an eye on CPU usage especially, and close background programs if needed. Restart OBS to reset buffering.
thank you for your help, i will update you when i try it

OFish3r

1. Run OBS as Admin.
i have tried using these settings and they have improved the video, but i am still getting frame drops every few seconds and sometimes the video freezes, can you see anything wrong from the log file?

OFish3r