real-time stock ticker lower third

illEvanTV

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this or not.
I have been trying to find if there's a way to have a horizontal scrolling real-time stock ticker lower third.
I stream video games, but really wish to have a scrolling real-time stock ticker

illEvanTV

Thank you so much for your help cyclemat! i'm not familiar with writing scripts, to bring an rss feed with obs, or where the script would go, I'm ok at the design aspect.. I really want to run a real-time stock ticker though, so any help from anyone would be immensely appreciated

banshee1971

+1 for your request :)
I try to find the same thing as well... Would me nice to display them on my screen during presentation !
I find some RSS reader that create TXT file.. but they are not "automated"

banshee1971

I find a way.. . i add as a sources "webpage" (i want to displayed Ethereum price). And then use a crop filter to only displayed the area (live stock exchange).. and find an animated GIF logo.. i added this logo on the right side.
Now i gog a real live ticker !
until someone create something and publish it here :)
I already have a live ticker based on a Raspberry PI4 with a little 4 inch display that i'm looking near my screen... I like doing small project like this !

Stan Bush

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this or not.
I have been trying to find if there's a way to have a horizontal scrolling real-time stock ticker lower third.
I stream video games, but really wish to have a scrolling real-time stock ticker
So.. I ran across this thread while looking for a solution myself.
This is what I found... and it's worked well for about a month now..
  1. Download Desktop Ticker here...
  2. http://www.battware.co.uk/desktopticker.htm
  3. Go through the setup, including options.
  4. Add your feeds to the ticker
  5. Add a Window capture and transform it the way you want...