Question / Help Randomly, FPS / Encoder Go Haywire

ball2hi

LOG FILE: https://hastebin.com/jigazafeba

I can stream for hours (IE. 9 hours) straight and run into no issues. However, once I switch over to my Tournament scene & profile I find that anywhere between 10min - 120min in that OBS just starts dropping frames like crazy, and saying the encoder is overloaded. The preview screen is stuttering like crazy. I don't know if this is an issue with @Xaymar 's AMD plugin.

Sometimes the issue goes away after a few minutes. However, to quickly solve the issue I have to completely turn OBS off and turn it back on. This is not preferable for covering tournament matches.

ball2hi

I am still unable to resolve the issue. I have another tournament match to cover and I'm not looking forward to the issue happening again in 45min.

ball2hi

And if you switch to x264 as your encoder?
I already use x264 as my encoder for recording locally. I stream at 648p using AMD, and record locally with x264 at 1080p. Normally I don't use x264 at all, and generally use quicksync + AMD for when I am playing.

ball2hi

Switch things around a bit,
Use quicksync or amd for recording and x264 for streaming.
Yeah. This is what I'm probably going to have to do... Unfortunately I can't really do that in particular for when I'm actually playing. Tournaments however I could probably do. Just got caught up in some lovely AMD bug with newer drivers where AMD's AMF is calling on my Intel Graphics card and making me bluescreen. So i gotta uninstall my intel graphics drivers which will remove Quicksync for me. Issue seems to have been around before April 21st...