Random image switching.

Antimatter Erik

I don't know if this exists, I have not found any way to do this without using scripts. I tried to get an AI to wright one for me but I just got confused.

Basically as the title says I am trying to find away to switch images on a somewhat random interval. Similar to a advanced randomly changing customizable slideshow.

The reason I want this is because I made a character for Videos and I might later use it for steaming. I used the "Audio Move" plugin to make a dynamic mouth that gets bigger and switched images when I speak. (A simpler version of this: https://youtu.be/V7DK7NrmMPY). Now I am trying to make my character blink, but it can't be easily done by reacting to something, for example sound. It needs to be random, as well as customizable.

The features it would need would be:
The ability to add images to a list
The ability to customize the duration that every individual image will show before switch to the next
The ability to make the duration an images shows partially random, (for example image 1 will be shown for 5-15 seconds until it will switch to image 2 which will be shown for 0.1-1 seconds before switching back.

Other useful features:
Randomized image order
The ability to have some kind of image categories, for example you can have 2 images of eyes being open and 2 images of eyes being closed, and it will always switch to an image of the eyes being closed when the current image is an image of the eyes being opened, and vise versa.
Generally any other customization options possible.

Attachments

• Group example.png
    Group example.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 13

Antimatter Erik

Before making this post I was looking for a way to do this with an existing plugin or script for at least a few hours and I couldn't find anything. I tried searching the internet, checking the forums, looking for videos, and even asking AI. I couldn't figure it out. I just realized that I can do a basic somewhat "rugged" version of this effect by simply making a slideshow and adding the eye image many times and only adding the blink image once, then setting the switch speed to random and making them switch at a fast interval with the cut transition.

It would still be more useful to have a Image Switching plugin, because there can be times with the method I just found where your character won't blink for over 20 seconds, or blink many times in only a few seconds, because it is completely random. As well as it lacks customization and features that I think could be useful that I listed above, and I still believe I and others could find use in my recommendation. However I no longer require it to achieve the desired effect natively in OBS. Even though a plugin would be optimal for it.