QVBR support

Shad0wZ

Hi guys,

I was messing around with Quicksync since I was in my BIOS anyway and did some testing in terms of quality/impact on my processor, a 6700k.

I've been reading some material here on there and noticed someone posted a link this page;
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/common-bitrate-control-methods-in-intel-media-sdk

QVBR : alsosets a target quality level, QVBRQuality parameter through mfxCodingOption3 and a target bitrate for scenarios where variability may need to be limited, such as game/display streaming scenarios. This algorithm tries to achieve the subjective quality with minimum no. of bits while trying to keep the bitrate constant and HRD compliance is being followed. QVBR is supported from 4th generation Intel® Core processor(codename Haswell) onward.

• For game/display streaming the best option is QVBR, it provides best subjective video quality vs frame size tolerance to network requirements.
Are there any plans for QVBR support? Or is the implementation of QVBR negligible compared to CBR?

patrickz

+1 for this Feature.

The feature can reduce wasted bit rate .
AWS_Elemental_QVBR_Diagram_QVBR.png

"QVBR also saves you up to 50% of the costs you would otherwise need to allocate for both CDN egress and storage." - amazon elemental