Question / Help Quicktime Screen Capture Lag

jeremygames247

Hey Team,

I've been streaming using OBS with the Quicktime movie recording screen capture...I can't seem to find anything that talks about the lag of the screen capture in OBS. When I run the "New Movie Recording" in Quicktime there is almost no lag. Once I open OBS and start moving through my game the lag is quadrupled. This is without even streaming or recording. How can one reduce the input lag from iphone through Quicktime and into OBS? I don't have a log file for this question since like I said...it's not via recording or stream. Here's what I have for hardware:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, early 2015)
Processor 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
USB 3.0

Like I said there is no lag at all until I open OBS and it seems as though the movement of the input into OBS us where the lag is at.

Thanks for any help.

Narcogen

Looking at your setup, your machine should be able to stream well with those settings, but you're getting lag from the encoder:

00:54:46.505: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 2825 (8.2%)

I notice you're using window capture, which is known not to perform well. I'm not sure what your setup is, but if you can get away with it you would get better performance using a display capture and cropping the content you need, or seeing if Syphon Inject can be used on whatever app you're running and using Game capture (syphon) to get video from that app. Both options perform noticeably better than window capture.