Questions about hosting a Stream with multiple participants with OBS

Steef

Hey guys!
First of all, I haven't found any explanation how to do what I want.
I'm planning to host a stream with multiple participants (one after each other) and want to 'restream' their stream in max quality all over OBS (getting their stream sent in with obs and restreaming the final output then to restream.io via OBS).
Moreover, if there's a way to do this, is there also already a way to equalize the latency of two participants, specifically talking about the audio?
Thanks in advance!
Stef

Mojca

Hey guys!
First of all, I haven't found any explanation of how to do what I want.
I'm planning to host a stream with multiple participants (one after each other) and want to 'restream' their stream in max quality all over OBS (getting their stream sent in with obs and restreaming the final output then to restream.io via OBS).
Moreover, if there's a way to do this, is there also already a way to equalize the latency of two participants, specifically talking about the audio?
Thanks in advance!
Stef

Hi, Steef,
Have you managed to achieve that? I need pretty much the same option.
Participants, one after another, but from all over the country. Some via mobile phone, some via PowerPoint presentation, and some with pre-recorded video. And sharing it all through Restream.io on FB page, YouTube channel, and our own website (youtube embed probably)

There would be one person in the "studio" who would turn persons on and off or put video etc. It would be great if at least two moderators would be possible and if we can switch between them.

We are preparing a 6 hours life event (two days or three days in a row). And only for one person, it would be too much. Also to have a backup if anything happens with the connection. I'd use a laptop, connected directly to the modem, not via wifi as usual. Just to make it more reliable.

Any advice and tip would be really appreciated.

- Is it possible to achieve it with OBS studio? (it was advised at Reastream.io)
- Can we be more moderators/admins
- How to set up the mobile phones to be able to join live (Android, iPhone)
- What is the best option to share the live event on our website? (WordPress)
- Any other tip & trick or suggestion is very appreciated

We are an NGO with no budget. So we are doing it all voluntarily.

Thanks.
With kind regards, Mojca

StAndrewCape

St Andrew church has the same interest in a multiple presenters ability with perhaps a mobile interface for strictly phone/tablet hosts

RichieTee

Hi, Steef,
Have you managed to achieve that? I need pretty much the same option.
Participants, one after another, but from all over the country. Some via mobile phone, some via PowerPoint presentation, and some with pre-recorded video. And sharing it all through Restream.io on FB page, YouTube channel, and our own website (youtube embed probably)

There would be one person in the "studio" who would turn persons on and off or put video etc. It would be great if at least two moderators would be possible and if we can switch between them.

We are preparing a 6 hours life event (two days or three days in a row). And only for one person, it would be too much. Also to have a backup if anything happens with the connection. I'd use a laptop, connected directly to the modem, not via wifi as usual. Just to make it more reliable.

Any advice and tip would be really appreciated.

- Is it possible to achieve it with OBS studio? (it was advised at Reastream.io)
- Can we be more moderators/admins
- How to set up the mobile phones to be able to join live (Android, iPhone)
- What is the best option to share the live event on our website? (WordPress)
- Any other tip & trick or suggestion is very appreciated

We are an NGO with no budget. So we are doing it all voluntarily.

Thanks.
With kind regards, Mojca
St Andrew church has the same interest in a multiple presenters ability with perhaps a mobile interface for strictly phone/tablet hosts

Have you guys checked out OBS Ninja?
Use the "Create a Room" Option then explore... Cheers!

Songuero

Hey guys!
First of all, I haven't found any explanation how to do what I want.
Thanks in advance!
Stef

For guests to bring word, speeches' or Preaching's as well as presentation, I invite them in via Skype instead of Zoom because Skype allows for each participant to have their own NDI channel which allows for the studio producer to have a scene per participants as well as independent volume control for each participant's.

And any video or PowerPoint presentation would be sent to me for higher quality.

How ever, this is for Speaking guests, as of now, Skype is still behind when it comes to stereo audio to invite musicians and or bands.
For inviting musicians and singers, I use the free NDI tool kit on zoom which allows me to bring in a live band from zoom to OBS via the Network at a high quality (make sure you're using an ethernet, not Wi-Fi to pull this off), hopefully Skype can add stereo audio enable with a high quality music mode just like zoom has.