Question about browser stream recording

proph

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with recording a browser stream. I have a stream that comes on during the week on a webpage and I would like to record (video and audio) and watch it on the weekend. I was able to record it fine and it was very easy and user friendly to get going. However, I don't want to watch or listen to the stream while it's recording but rather do other things with the computer and just have the stream record for an hour and then stop.

Is there a way to record a stream and not watch it or listen to the audio while it is recording? I tried disabling the audio for OBS in the Windows mixer and it stopped recording audio for the test stream I was doing. Also, is there a way to setup start and stop record times?

Thank you for any help and direction you can give!

proph

Hey Try thanks for the response. It's a home grown stream. It's not youtube or one of the major stream sites.

The solution is simple!

1. Copy the stream link you want in a new source at whatever scene you want in OBS, you add a Broswer source on the Source section, got it?. After you do that you will see the video. To interact with you right click on the Browser source and select interact.

Do your recoding and minimize OBS

Happy Doing other things on the computer, you can even watch other video on the broswer as well. without afecting the recording.

Sorry for the mistakes typo. Cell typing

proph

The solution is simple!

1. Copy the stream link you want in a new source at whatever scene you want in OBS, you add a Broswer source on the Source section, got it?. After you do that you will see the video. To interact with you right click on the Browser source and select interact.

Do your recoding and minimize OBS

Happy Doing other things on the computer, you can even watch other video on the broswer as well. without afecting the recording.

Sorry for the mistakes typo. Cell typing
Thanks for the help. I'm able to do all of that and get the stream going and the recording as well.

I was wondering though how I can record it and not have the audio play. I want the audio in the recording but I don't want to hear it while I'm using the computer for other things. (The other things need to have audio as well or I would just turn the speakers off.)

Thank you!