Quality drop in OBS

UMan101

hi guys,

im having 3 problems

1. haze over stream:
i noticed a bit of a "haze" over my streams. im assuming this is a settings issue. any idea what could be causing this?

2. saved video file quality drop:
normally, when i record without using obs with just my elgato the quality is perfect. however, when using obs i noticed it isn't as crisp as when i dont use obs. im assuming this is also some type of settings issue. any ideas?

3. webcam out of sync with mic audio:
so i was able to search through the forums for an answer and added on a filter for the delay to resolve this. however, i noticed that it goes out of sync even when the delay settings are saved the next time i start a stream again. is this something i just have to re-enter every time?

setup:
ps4
elgato
brio webcam
rode nta1 mic

log file:

thank you in advance for your help!

UMan101

Okay thanks I'll try that. currently, my bitrate is at 6500 for streaming. I'll increase it to 7,000 and see how it goes. as for video it was already set to Lanczos

Harold

Having OBS outputting to full range also causes problems in your saved recording.
Players that support full range support partial range properly
Players that don't support full range are far more common and are going to introduce a quality loss by recording at full range.

Same for editing software